Noteworthy campsite is a central location to explore BOTH Devon and Cornwall.
Noteworthy caravan and campsite is situated within a short drive to the market town of Holsworthy. The campsite runs alongside the A3072, providing good road access and location for Cornwall and Devon.
Holsworthy is an Ancient Port Town (Port was a Saxon term for a secure place for trade, i.e. a market) and is recorded in the Doomsday Book. Holsworthy has its own rural Museum providing visitors with a small insight in to Holsworthy's past.
Telephone 01409 259337.
Holsworthy is said to have the smallest High street in the UK.
Every Wednesday Holsworthy hosts a working livestock market. At the same time in the town square they hold a Pannier Market, there is also a WI Market on the same day.
Bude is a seaside resort, and is a short drive away (approx 6 miles)
Renowned for its sandy beaches and for surfing Widemouth Bay is about a 15 minute drive from Noteworthy caravan and campsite.
LOCAL PLACES OF INTEREST
Museum and Heritage centers
Hartland Quay Museum
Winsford Walled Gardens, Halwill Junction Telephone 01409 221477
RHS Garden Rosemoor, Great Torrington Telephone 01705 624067 http://www.rhs.org.co.uk
Lost Gardens Of Heligan http://www.heligan.com
Cookworthy Forest Center, Beaworthy Telephone 01409 221896
Gnome Reserve and Gardens, Nr Bradworthy Telephone 0870 8459012
Eden Project, St Austell, approx 1 hour drive from Noteworthy caravan and campsite http://www.edenproject.co.uk
The Big Sheep - All weather attraction
The Milky Way - Family Days Out
Blackberry Farm Shop - Lizzy's Larder
Coles Mills Stables - Riding Stables
The Rydon Inn - Gastro Pub
Bayleaf - Fine Indian Cuisine
The Alpaca Park - Gardens, Walks, Trail, Tearoom and over 60 Alpacas
Kivells - Estate Agent
• Higher Shorston in Holsworthy (NEW) (4 miles)
• Bude Canal Cornwall (6 miles)
• Blagdon Farm, Ashwater, Holsworthy, Devon
• Tamar Lakes, Kilkhamption, Bude, Cornwall
• Anglers Paradise, Halwill Junction, Holsworthy
• Crawford Lakes, Clawton, Holsworthy (7 miles)
• Mill Leat, Thornbury, Holsworthy, Devon
• Highamption Lakes Trout and Course Beaworthy, Devon
• Bude Anglers Association
• Shore / Beach fishing
• Northcott Mouth, Crooklets, Bude
• Bude Brake Water
• Widemouth and Crackington Haven
• Sea Fishing By Boat, Clovelly Harbour
• Bude Boat Charter (Bude or Padstow)